Maanvi Gagroo of Four More Shots Please says she didn’t like her role until a girl cried in her arms at a cafe

Maanvi Gagroo reveals how her role as Siddhi in Four More Shots Please affected her personality, what to expect from the new season and more.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

/ by Today India

Maanvi Gagroo, who plays Siddhi on Amazon Prime Videos’ Four More Shots Please was not so sure about her character even after the show’s successful debut last year. But it all changed when she met a young fan at a mall.
In this interview, Maanvi talks about the show’s fast-approaching second season, her chemistry with her co-stars, the way the role changed her personally and more.
The change in Siddhi from season 1 to season 2 seems to be quite drastic. While she was once seeking validations in adult chatrooms, she is now getting a lot of action, she has become a stand up comic. Has playing the character also brought any changes or self-realisation for you?

When we started season 2, I had a few hangups. I remember I told Nupur, our director that this is something Siddhi would not do or say. But her point was that the idea is to show that while she is the same person, there has been a major shift in her personality and outlook towards life. As the season goes on, you understand the reason for her being like that; it’s like a knee-jerk reaction to things.
ut there are other things also that come into play and towards the second half of season two, she sort of stabilises. When something drastic happens, we react in the most extreme ways possible and then we come back to normalcy.
Now with regards to me, I’ve kind of grown with Siddhi. Like I used to not wear short dresses before season 1 because I would feel conscious of my thighs and legs. But in season 1, Siddhi has only worn short dresses. And it so happened, very subconsciously , that post season 1, I started wearing those kind of dresses. I remember Anu (Menon, director of season 1) told me ‘You realise you have started dressing up like Siddhi?’ So I was like ‘Oh, haan!’
In the last season, we saw Siddhi almost get mentally tortured by her mother, played by Simone Singh. However, she has a complete change of heart when she realises what her daughter has just been through. Will we get a more thorough explanation this season about why the mother turned around so suddenly? A backstory?

In season 1 we had already touched upon Simone’s character’s backstory. That she was engaged to somebody and that guy broke up the engagement last minute, she lost faith in the society and people started ridiculing her for that. For the lack of a better word, she is a victim of the society that she inhabits.
Now you saw in season 1 finale that the mother has a change of heart and I loved that so much because it happens with me. When I was child, if I did something wrong and got caught, people that I thought would yell at me or disown me were actually the people who stood by me. People who I thought would stand by me, weren’t really there. You get love and affection from quarters you least expect it from. Especially when it comes to family and parents.
But in season 2, we will explain why the mother had this change of heart.

No comments

Post a Comment

Don't Miss
© all rights reserved
made with by templateszoo